Alkaline cleaner 45 is a highly alkaline cleaner designed to remove a variety of soils from ferrous and non-ferrous materials. It can be used as a soak and/or electro cleaner and is suitable for both rack and barrel.
- Soak/Electro Cleaner.
- Easily rinsed.
SOLUTION MAKE -UP
Alkaline Cleaner 45 40-80g/L Optimum 50g/L
It is essential that the tanks to be used for Alkaline Cleaner 45 are thoroughly cleaned and
leached before any product is introduced.
If in any doubt as to the cleaning procedure please contact PMD Technical Department.
1. Fill the tank 3⁄4 full with water.
2. Add the required amount of Alkaline Cleaner 45 and stir to fully dissolve.
3. Top up to final level with water and heat to operating temperature.
MAINTENANCE AND CONTROL
The solution should be analysed regularly and replenished as necessary. (See analysis method).
The volume of the solution should be maintained regularly by the addition of water. It is recommended that automatic level controllers are fitted to the tank to ensure constant solution concentration and protect heaters.
The solution should be discarded and a fresh one made-up when the solution is so loaded with absorbed soils that replenishment has no effect on cleaning time.
1N sulphuric acid (Standard volumetric solution)
1. Pipette a 25ml aliquot of the cooled working solution into a 250ml conical flask.
2. Add 50ml DI water and a few drops of phenolphthaline indicator.
3. Titrate to a clear end point with 1N sulphuric acid.
4. Record titre = t mls
t x 2.4 = g/L Alkaline Cleaner 45
For every 1g/L low add 1g/L Alkaline Cleaner 45
Dispose of in accordance with local authority requirements.
The following products are referred to in this data sheet.
Whilst every endeavour has been made to ensure that the information given in this data sheet is correct, PMD Chemicals Limited gives no warranty, express or implied, relating to the use or performance of this product.