Cleaner BOS is a highly effective alkaline soak cleaner which will remove a wide variety of soils including mineral oils, greases, machine oils and lanolin from ferrous and non-ferrous metals.
- Suitable for rack and barrel operation.
- Versatile – ferrous and non-ferrous metals can be cleaned.
- Economical – long life and effective cleaning
SOLUTION MAKE -UP
Cleaner BOS 20 – 50g/L
It is essential that the tanks to be used for Cleaner BOS are thoroughly cleaned and leached before any product is introduced.
If in any doubt as to the cleaning procedure please contact PMD Technical Department.
1. 3⁄4 fill tank with water
2. Add the required weight of Cleaner BOS with stirring to dissolve
3. Make up to final volume with water
4. Heat to operating temperature
MAINTENANCE AND CONTROL
The volume of the solution should be maintained regularly by the addition of water. It is
recommended that automatic level controllers are fitted to the tank to ensure constant
solution concentration and protect heaters.
The solution should be analysed regularly and replenished as necessary. (See analysis method).
The solution should be discarded and a fresh one made-up when the solution is so loaded with absorbed soils that replenishment has no effect on cleaning time.
1N hydrochloric acid
Methyl red indicator (dissolve 0.04 g in 100 ml of 20% methanol).
1. Pipette a 25.0ml sample of cooled working solution into a 250ml conical flask.
2. Dilute to 100ml with de-ionised water and add 2-3 drops of methyl red indicator.
3. Titrate with 1N hydrochloric acid to a red end point.
4. Record titre = t mls
t x 3.4 = g/l Cleaner BOS
For every 1g/L required add 1g/L Cleaner BOS
Dispose of in accordance with local authority requirements.
The following products are referred to in this data sheet.
Whilst every endeavour has been made to ensure that the information given in this data sheet is correct, PMD Chemicals Limited gives no warranty, express or implied, relating to the use or performance of this product.