Cleaner 505 is a non-etch cleaner ideal for all cleaning applications where no attack on the base metal can be tolerated. The carefully balanced formulation ensures complete removal of shop soils and light buffing compounds prior to further processing.
Cleaner 505 is especially recommended for cleaning polished surfaces of aluminium prior to anodising and conversion coating. Other uses are cleaning non-ferrous metals, including gold, silver, brass and copper. It may also be used to clean steel for certain applications.
- Non-etch chemistry to protect sensitive metals.
- High detergency helps soil removal and prevents re-contamination.
- Free rinsing surfactants help prevent staining.
- Dual purpose – soak and electrolytic enabling one tank to be used for simple cleaning
- Economical – long life and effective cleaning.
- Versatile – can be used on aluminium, gold , silver, brass, copper, and ferrous metals
SOLUTION MAKE -UP
Cleaner 505 35 – 100 g/L
Optimum 50 g/L
Equipment to be used for Cleaner 505 should be cleaned thoroughly before any product is
If in any doubt as to the cleaning procedure contact PMD Technical Department.
1. Half fill the equipment with the appropriate amount of clean water.
2. Whilst stirring, add the correct amount of Cleaner 505. Continue stirring until
3. Make up to the operating level with clean water. Mix well.
4. Heat to operating temperature.
The operating parameters of Cleaner 505 can be adapted to suit specific requirements. The
following is given as a guide. If in any doubt as to the correct process sequence, contact
PMD Technical Department.
2. Soak clean, Cleaner 505 or Electrolytic clean, Cleaner 505.
4. Continue depending on application.
MAINTENANCE AND CONTROL
The solution should be regularly analysed and replenished as necessary.
Evaporation losses should be replaced using water.
Concentration losses should be replaced with Cleaner 505.
1.0N Hydrochloric acid.
Methyl red indicator
1. Pipette 25.0 ml of working solution into a 250 ml conical flask.
2. Add approximately 50 ml deionised water and mix thoroughly.
3. Add 2-3 drops of Methyl red indicator.
4. Titrate with 1.0N Hydrochloric acid to an orange/ red end point.
5. Record titre = t mls.
t x 3.22 = g/l Cleaner 505.
Dispose of in accordance with local authority requirements.
The following products are referred to in this data sheet.
Whilst every endeavour has been made to ensure that the information given in this data
sheet is correct, PMD Chemicals Limited gives no warranty, express or implied, relating to
the use or performance of this product.